Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Car Ride

What is it about a car ride that's just so relaxing. Yesterday I went on what was my longest car ride this year. I love nice long car rides, I don't own a car and I can't drive. Here in New York it gets dark around 5pm so it was really nice riding around at night. I got to see manhattan from a distance and it looks amazing! All of the lights are beautiful, and for a moment, just a moment, I realized why people dream about coming here. I never wanted to reach my destination, I just wanted to enjoy the ride. I wanted to stare at the lights for as long as possible. It really was something to see.

As you can probably tell I really don't get out much, people around here just want to get to where they're going fast. How many people have driven by that same road and actually looked across the water and marveled at how beautiful it was? I'm sure there are quite a few. But at the same time there are people who drive thru there everyday and no longer see how beautiful it is. All they see is a road in front of them and all they think about Is their destination.

I don't have a destination, I'm just along for the ride. I don't know the driver, I don't know what car I'm in, or where this road will take me. But I do know that I should enjoy something as simple as tall skyscrapers with lights shining out of their windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment