Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012

Wow, 2012! This is either gonna be a new beginning, or the beginning of the end! (I am aware that I just started this post with two sentences that end with an exclamation point, and I apologize for that. I just love using these babies!!!!! But I will try to control myself.)

Yes 2012 will be an interesting year. Growing up I remember how crazy 1999 was! (sorry) Y2K never have two letters and a number sounded so scary. If twitter was around back then, Y2K would have been trending. I was just a kid in elementary school so honestly I had no idea what it meant. All I knew was that it was feared. Some people said Y2K stood for "Year 2 Kill", and machines would rise against mankind. Others said that machines would just stop working and we would live in darkness. I'm guessing the story changed from place to place but the fear was still the same. The reason I'm bringing this up is because 2012 is finally here and well some people are freaking out.

I honestly don't think the world will end this year. I'm not scared like I was back in 1999. As a kid pretty much everything scares you. But for me 2011 had some really scary moments. I live in New York and last year I survived a hurricane, that kinda turned into a tropical storm by the time it hit New York so it wasn't so bad. I also survived an earthquake, which only lasted for about 20 seconds but those were the worst 20 seconds of my life! (I'm not apologizing for that one) I survived a bad break up between my parents that kinda got ugly. But they are back together now so naturally I'm scared shitless. Yes I had some scary moments last year, I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for me. How about you? Take care .....David! (sorry I had to do it)

No comments:

Post a Comment